For more than 20 years, businesses and organizations have trusted our experienced team of designers and developers to help them succeed online. We closely collaborate with you to design and develop digital solutions that fit your needs and support your business goals—from strategy and design to implementation and support. Our proven methods and structured approach help you discover new opportunities, devise creative solutions, and flawlessly execute strategy.
We partner with you to understand your business and audiences to create solutions that directly address your organization’s needs and that are tailored to your specific requirements. The results are attractive and functional—visually appealing, easy to navigate, and easy to maintain.
Well known for our work with associations and nonprofits, we have extensive experience providing turnkey solutions for content management, membership databases, ecommerce, data visualization and more.
What we do
- User research and usability
- Design and strategy
- Web and mobile development
- SEO and digital marketing
How we do it
- Design research
- Business prioritization
- User interviews
- Usability testing
- Information architecture
- Rapid prototyping
- Visual design
- Conversion optimization
- Data visualizations
- Custom web solutions
- Mobile sites and apps
- Content management
- Membership databases
- SEO content strategy
- AdWords Management
- Email marketing
- Social media strategy
- Web analytics
User research and usability
Understanding your audiences and business goals
Successful organizations know that people are at the center of their business. That’s why we put people at the center of our process.
Investing in design research at the start of a project delivers a measurable return on investment (ROI) by helping you identify and prioritize features. Getting these project requirements right reduces your development time and cost. After all, why spend time and money on features people don’t need?
Understanding people’s needs and how they align with your business goals is the key to devising an effective digital strategy and designing a great user experience (UX). The business value of user experience is well documented—it’s more than just a slick interface. Getting your user experience right helps lower support and operational costs, reduces staff training time, increases ecommerce conversions, and ultimately increases customer acquisition and retention.
Any organization can have an online presence. Successful companies understand that delivering a great user experience is a strategic differentiator.
Methods that we use to learn and understand business goals and audience include:
- Content audit
- Stakeholder interviews
- Heuristic evaluation and benchmarking
- User interviews
- Site traffic analysis
- Card sorting and tree tests
- Usability studies
Design and strategy
Transforming insights into action
We feel this is where our 20 years of experience provides exceptional value. We’ve built hundreds of websites and worked with a broad range of clients. Chances are we’ve encountered situations with other clients that will lend insight to your project.
Once we get to know you and your users, we’ll work together to develop a digital strategy to make the most of your web presence.
We feel that the best websites focus on user needs (e.g. finding content that answers a question or allowing them to easily complete an online transaction) and avoid gratuitous visual design elements that are often no more than usability obstacles.
Knowledge we gain from design research builds consensus among stakeholders and ensures that our design and implementation decisions are informed by objective data and reflect the needs of real users. Starting with stakeholder consensus on requirements and priorities expedites the visual design process by keeping everyone on the same page when providing feedback and making decisions.
We have created several websites that feature data visualization prominently. We enjoy the challenge of freeing data! Our data visualization websites add value and meaning to data that is difficult to understand, overwhelming in volume, or otherwise inaccessible due to format.
These projects often include working closely with our clients to understand their data and the communication goals they wish to support. We develop interactive maps, graphs, and similar graphical representations of data.
Check Webitects' portfolio for several data visualization examples.
Deliverables in the design process include:
- Information architecture
- Rapid prototyping
- Visual design
Web and mobile development
Websites and web applications
Our development team averages 8+ years of experience and we are fortunate to have many long-time Webitects with deep experience on our team. All of our websites are custom-built by our in-house developers.Our emphasis on usability also lends itself to the development of web applications to streamline complex workflows.
We have built web-based applications for many clients including custom databases that our clients use to run their day-to-day business. Web-based applications are accessible anywhere that you have an internet connection and offer the advantage of seamless integration with your public facing website (which is often necessary to publish or collect data to and from your customers).
Just about all of our websites are built with our custom content management system (CMS) allowing non-technical users to maintain website content without the need to understand HTML and other we technologies.
We host the majority of our client websites in the cloud using Amazon Web Services. Cloud hosting offers many advantages including affordability, scalability, and flexibility without hefty capital costs.
- Responsively designed templates
- Development on a client-accessible staging site
We have been creating association websites for over 15 years and count many associations as current clients. We feel that our philosophy of focusing on user needs aligns well with association web strategy. For most associations members visit their website to find information or complete an online transaction (e.g. pay dues or register for an event)—ensuring that their experience is satisfying and easy reflects well on the organization.
Through the years we have worked with associations in the healthcare industry, professional associations, and trade associations. We have created complex and sophisticated solutions to address common association needs including:
- Member only content
- Member profile self-maintenance
- Member application (including online references, supporting documentation, and committee review)
- Dues payment, dues installment payments, automated and recurring dues payment
- Event and annual meeting registration and management
- Online learning, learning management systems, and continuing education management
- Web-based communities allowing members to post and share information with one another online
- Online donations and fund raising
- Abstract submission, management, review and approval, and scheduling
Web-based Association Management Systems (AMS)
Although we often integrate association websites with off-the-shelf association management systems (AMS) like iMIS, Avectra Netforum, and Association Anywhere, many of our clients use our web-based association management system.
Our solution seamlessly integrates with your website and often provides the best member experience. Many off-the-shelf solutions fail to address precise requirements or lack flexibility to adapt to your way of doing business. Our system is highly customizable and can be tailored to your exact requirements.
- Customizable profiles to accommodate member and non-member/prospect types
- Centralized tracking of user’s relationship reflecting all activity (contact information, application, dues history, event registration history, transaction history, CE history, notes, etc)
- Membership application and approval workflow management
- Event registration and management, roster management
- Annual meeting (multi-session, multi-track, and social events) management, roster management
- Transaction management and reporting
- Dues assessment, collection, and reporting
- Broadcast email integration and integration with systems like MailChimp
- Abstract submission and management
- Integrated online community
- Searchable and browseable membership directory
- Integrated mobile-friendly annual meeting microsite
SEO and digital marketing
- Ongoing website refinement and optimization
- SEO, digital marketing and strategy
- Google Analytics optimization
- Google AdWords strategy and campaign management
- Social media management
- Search and social optimization
- Digital communication optimization (e-newsletters, marketing automation)
Webitects is a Google Partner with several Google Certified staff.